October 29, 2020
Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Buns
Cinnamon buns so good you'll *fall* in love with them.
Why we love autumn? Where to start... The fuzzy layers, chilly weather, vibrant colors.
And of-course, all of the pumpkin-y, cinnamon-y, creamy dreamy desserts.
These Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Buns will whisk you right into fall.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brewed coffee
MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the milk, water, and butter together in a heatproof bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted. Pour into the flour mixture.
- Add the egg. Stir or use a mixer to combine the dough.
- Flour your hands and a surface. Knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover loosely, and let rest for about 10 minutes.
ADD THE FILLING:
- Roll the dough out in a 14×8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on the dough.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it on the dough.
- Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 10-12 even rolls and arrange in the baking dish.
- Tightly cover the dish with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour to an hour and a half, until they double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly browned.
FROST THE BUNS:
- Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and coffee together.
- Drizzle over the warm rolls.
Products mentioned in this post