Greens don't need to be gross.
This salad is so good it empties bowls.
Weird, we know.
Try it for yourself.
- 1 raw red beet, sliced thinly
- 1 raw white beet, sliced thinly
- 1 baked sweet potato, cubed
- 1 pack deli pastrami slide thinly
- 1/3 cup almonds chopped
- 1 pound fresh Lacinato kale (also called Tuscan kale or dinosaur kale), about 2-3 bunches, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar⠀
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine salad ingredients and toss until evenly distributed
- In a separate bowl, stir in the salad dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the kale.
Tip: Using gloves, massage the dressing into the kale. This helps break down the tough cell structure, giving the kale a softer texture and ensuring the dressing gets absorbed.
Products mentioned in this post
SALAD BOWLS, 3.75 QUARTS, SET OF 2