'tis the season..for ramen
Baby it’s coooooold outside.
‘Tis is the season for fuzzy sweaters, warm snuggles and cozying up with your favorite comfort foods.
Not venturing out into the frigid winter air.
But what does one do, if say, they are craving a big, hearty, salty bowl of steaming ramen?
Make it at home folks.
This recipe is healthy, easy and oh so good you’ll probably never step foot in your local ramen joint again.
Ok, maybe in the summer.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 2 eggs, boiled and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 packages Yaki-Soba (5-6 oz each)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
And now for the fun part:
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for a minute.
- Mix in the broth, mushrooms, soy sauce and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Yaki-Soba and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, carrot and green onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
But how to enjoy this delicious ramen? Not in (gasp) a cereal bowl. That just wouldn't do it justice. Proper ramen needs a proper dish.
So we created these ramen bowls to enjoy it the right way.
They come with authentic wooden chopsticks, and are made from beautiful, traditional terracotta with a wide diameter, slightly footed base and extra deep 36 oz interior. (We can't be having any splashes on those cushions now can we?)
So grab a set, fill ‘em up with heaps of deliciously homemade noodles, garnish with eggs and melt into the salty, savory, soulful goodness.
Products mentioned in this post
Terracotta Ramen Bowls with Chopsticks, 36 oz, Set of 2